Sunday, March 15, 1998 at 11:20:18 AM Pacific
ContentServer/B PreviewWe're in the final stages of development of the basic ContentServer software for Frontier 5, Windows and Mac.
This software will be called ContentServer/B. The B stands for Basic, not Beta.
You can read the docs for the Frontier 4 version here. The docs will get an overhaul before the Frontier 5-compatible software is released.
Help us test
You can help us test the new software as follows:
- Create a new email message to email@example.com.
- Write the title of the page in the subject line.
- Write the page in the body of the email. The message doesn't have to be profound or deep or content-rich. This is just a test.
- Send the email.
- You'll receive an email confirmation with the URL of the new page, usually within about a minute.
- Check the page log, your message and all the others that have been processed in this trial run are linked into that page.
If there are problems, send mail to Brent Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Send kudos too, Brent is the lead developer on ContentServer.)
Give it a whirl. We need to see email from wide variety of clients before we can totally solve the various text decoding/cleanup issues.
Thanks for your help!
This page was last built on 3/15/98; 2:27:06 PM by Dave Winer. email@example.com