Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 10/25/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: QUE SERA SERA

Sent:10/25/96; 3:05:23 PM
From: chriswj@mostxlnt.co.uk (Chris Ward-Johnson)

I met Ellison recently in my capacity as a reporter for the London Times technology section, and labeled him a 'smug git' in my piece. He is exactly as you say. I asked him what role Microsoft might have now in the development of the NC (this was just after he'd invited Intel on board) and he said, "None. There is no role for Microsoft in the development of the NC. Period." Then, I told him, he's just turning his NC into an anti-Microsoft club, and that he sees Bill Gates as the Devil and himself as God - he'd also just described the NC as "The saviour of Mankind, nothing less" and "My baby". Therefore, if Jesus is the saviour of mankind and his creator was God, isn't Larry putting himself up as God? "I don't care what you call me, I'm right and anyone who doesn't buy an NC will lose out big time," he said. I told him he was mad, which really upset him.

Keep up the good work.

Chris Ward chrisw@mostxlnt.co.uk http://www.mostxlnt.co.uk http://www.the-times.co.uk

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:01:05 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.