Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/8/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE:QUE SERA SERA

Sent:11/8/96; 4:17:46 AM
From: persival@daveco.com (persival)

I just thought I'd mail you, a complete stranger, to mention how happy your article made me. Two nights ago, arguing at a Denny's restaraunt with a friend, I touched upon the same issues, and he asserted that as an end user, it doesn't matter what I think I need, and as a developer, I should trust what the industry leaders tell me. He wants usenet to die, and so does somebody at Sun, so in his view, usenet is already dead, just waiting to realize it. I argued that these standards coalitions can spout out as many acronyms as they please, but a standard is something that the end user embraces en masse. We reached a deadlock. Now I don't feel too bad about it. Somebody more articulate than myself has expressed those same frustrations, and I thought you might like to

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:01:51 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.