Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/11/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! DAVENET : THE ARROGANCE OF THE MAC

Sent:11/11/96; 10:50:44 AM
From: gaulandm@mdhost.cse.tek.com (Mike Gauland)

>See if you can agree with this statement. > > People who use computers are smart. > > That's it.

Of course not--as any programmer knows, users are idiots! I've got this quote hanging on my wall (I don't know where it came from originally, but it's attributed to "Rick Cook"): "Programming today is a race between the software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Of course, as a user, I can't agree with this. But I think it's ironic that folks that claim they're so smart for using their favored OS, usually claim that a benefit of that OS is that even an idiot can use it!

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:02:09 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.