Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/11/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! ARROGANCE OF THE MAC

Sent:11/11/96; 11:48:41 AM
From: jaffe@physics.Berkeley.EDU (Andrew Jaffe)

Hi Dave,

Actually, it's not arrogance when Mac users talk about Windows. It's more like "second city syndrome." Have you ever heard Chicagoans defend their city against New York (or LA)? They're constantly comparing and contrasting, talking about how much better their way/place is. But when was the last time a New Yorker bothered to talk about how much better New York is than Chicago? Same thing for Canadians and Americans. (I've lived in Chicago, New York, and Toronto, so I've experienced all of this first hand). Similarly, except for some weirdos in Newsgroups, Windows users generally don't worry about the Mac at all (but when they do we hear about it, because our ears are listening for it).

On an unrelated note, did you see the essay on "cyberlibertarians" in this week's San Francisco Bay Guardian? I think it was right on target, if a bit holier-than-thou.

Andrew

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:02:19 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.