Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/12/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: THE ARROGANCE OF THE MAC

Sent:11/12/96; 2:16:14 PM
From: amanda@intercon.com (Amanda Walker)

Dave,

I think you mistook satire for arrogance in our recent advertising. I'll note that just as our ads in Mac magazines poke fun at Mac partisanship, our ads in Windows magazines poke just as much fun at Windows partisanship. I'd be happy to send you copies, if you don't receive PC Week, so that you can compare :).

Part of our point is to demonstrate the inanity of just the sort of attitudes you complain about. After all, if we were actually Mac bigots, why would we pushing our Windows products just as hard as our Mac ones (something that caused MacWorld to mistakenly report earlier this year that we were abandoning the Mac platform)? And where better than MacWeek to poke fun at the often over-zealous Macintosh cheerleading squad? Ah, well...

I'm also very disappointed that you feel that computer partisanship, even when it's serious, is even on the same *map* as antisemitism, sexism, and other forms of injustice and human cruelty. As you so aptly put it yourself, "let's get a life."

Now, of course, satire and sarcasm are always risky. However, I would have expected you of all people to look beyond face value if that face value looks ridiculous at first glance...

Sigh.

Amanda Walker Senior Software Engineer InterCon Systems Corporation

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:02:57 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.