Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/12/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! THEARROGANCEOFTHEMAC

Sent:11/12/96; 6:58:15 PM
From: skeptict@iquest.net

Tell it, Dave!

I've used my Quadra 610 for the past four years and have loved every minute of it. And in the same way, I love the IBM-compatables I use at work as a Novell network admin. Sure, I've traded a few quips back and forth with my friends over which is the better platform, especially right after we first got our machines. Those "debates" soon faded as we messed around with each others operating systems, surfed the web with both, played games on both, experienced frustrations with both ....

Bottom line, there are all kinds of protocols and OS's out there, each with different features and flaws. The Mac might be a better machine for video than a Wintell, but an Amiga with a video toaster would probably be yer best choice; Novell's good for file serving and printing, but Banyon Vines is probably the best bet for multi-purpose LAN's.

I can only express confused disbelief when someone from one or the other camps tries to belittle the Mac or Windows world; I just don't get it. Intercon Systems believes that Mac-users are zealots, (and some are, believe me) but what's the point?

Thanks for Frontier and DaveNet!!

Skep (Ned T. Baugh)

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:03:23 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.