Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/13/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Sent:11/13/96; 11:28:31 AM
From: 75201.1404@CompuServe.COM (Erik Sherman)

I saw the following in the Edupage newsletter I get:

>> FULL MENU FROM APPLE >> In partnership with Mega Bytes International, a firm owned by London real >> estate developers, Apple Computer will be opening an international chain of >> "cybercafe" restaurants offering customers Web access, videoconferencing at >> every table, and a full menu of international foods. The restaurants will >> also be used to sell Macintosh software, and will be designed by Landmark >> Entertainment, a theme-park development firm that has undertaken such >> projects as "Jurassic Park: The Ride." (Los Angeles Times 12 Nov 96)

Talk about ridiculous! It's bad enough that they dabble in too many different areas in computing. Do they really think the future of the company is in becoming an entertainment provider? Or is this just another case of ego?

Erik Sherman

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:03:33 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.