Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/13/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: THE ARROGANCE OF MAC

Sent:11/13/96; 9:03:59 PM
From: method@dircon.co.uk (Richard Earney)

I raised and eyebrow and a smile at your piece.

I rarely see arrogance about the mac, more like pride.

I see lots of arrogance from pc users, who consider that we use toys. I see surprise and some envy when you show them that the mac has many desirable features.

I also see fear, uncertainty and doubt from mac users cos Apple has a neat way of messing things up.

I see companies, like the one I work for, with hundreds of cheap pcs, that go wrong; a small design department with macs, and disdain and stupidity heaped upon us. ie: Macs are responsible for servers going down.

So the natural reaction tends to be defensive, Macs are still great. PC users have great difficulty achieving simple things, that Mac users do with their eyes closed. But try batch renaming files on a mac without AppleScript, Frontier or Drop Renamer. So we're normally quits.

BUT Macs are a minority. We feel oppressed. We feel we will have our kit replaced, by PCs, and our jobs will be harder as a result.

regards

Richard Earney

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:04:45 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.