Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. .

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: MACS, RELIGION, ETC

From: dwiner@well.com (Dave Winer)

My belief: you don't get cooler by tearing someone else down.

How does calling Windows "Windoze" or calling Microsoft "Microsloth" make you cooler?

I think quite the opposite. People who show such disrespect are telling me how uncool they are.

Dave

>>I don't have a problem with other people being arrogant. I just want to be >>disassociated from it because it works against my interests. > >Dave, > >That's understandable. It gets a bit confusing for the casual reader >(like me) who's motivation is mainly trying to figure out how to feel good >about the Mac again. It is interesting, in any case, to hear your point of >view. > >Calling it "arrogance" seems a bit too harsh, at least for me. I prefer to >think of it as a desire to be just a bit cooler than the rest. It comes >across as arrogance, sometimes, but I picture it more like a beatnik who's >tuned into the universal vibe while everyone else is listening watching >Annette Funicello movies, or somethinlikedat. > >-seth

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:07:05 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.