Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/18/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: IF IT'S BORING, BUY IN

Sent:11/18/96; 4:44:57 PM
From: wagner@eunet.si (W.G.Wagner)

DaveNet email wrote:

> Then the web happened. At first Microsoft barely noticed. Why? I > believe it was because they were totally focused on Windows 95. Heads > down, focused inward, not looking for new stuff, convinced that the > world was theirs. The rest of the online industry was focused there > too. Everybody was asleep while Netscape got on its feet, gained a > sizable following, became a financial juggernaut. >

Hi Dave,

An interesting anecdote to emphasize the above statement. The 1995 edition of Microsoft Encarta contains not even one reference to the word "Internet", let alone any description of it.

Cheers,

William

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:08:10 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.