Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/19/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! SMILEYS ALL AROUND US.

Sent:11/19/96; 2:54:55 AM
From: Jamalikw@USUWPHARMS.zen.com (Jamali Kais KW)

I've always liked to think that the :-) is an attempt to add a third dimension to the truly two-dimensional world of text. I know what you're thinking, tho: "But you don't see :-), :-(, or ;-) in any of the great literary works of mankind!" The truth is, for the majority of us who lack the ability to adequately express our feelings and emotions through words, smileys let us attempt to leap to the place that only the greatest of writers have ever achieved... To be understood.

Kais Jamali

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:08:49 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.