Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/19/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! WINDOWS OUTLINER

Sent:11/19/96; 5:54:57 PM
From: dunham@pensee.com (David Dunham)

You know, your DaveNet pages keep telling us to e-mail you -- but you never include your e-mail address. I'll just use the one in my address book and hope it's current...

> A brief mention of outliners and Windows in The Arrogance of the Mac > 11/10/96, sparked a bunch of email asking "When?" It seems that some > people want a tight fast outliner for Windows. Apparently the suites from > Microsoft, Lotus and Corel don't include outliners. I'm surprised by this. > People don't enjoy the outliner in Microsoft Word. They ask for > something different.

Hmm, we ported Acta to Windows (as Dyno Notepad, the publisher's dumb name); it should fit the bill just fine. Only problem is, we have no publisher at present. We've been debating giving it away or making it shareware. Any thoughts? Info is at the Maitreya Design site (below).

> We made the cut with Frontier 4.1 -- it's a finalist for Best New > Development Tool for 1996

First, congratulations! Second, cynicism: how can version 4.1 of anything be considered "new?" An odd industry we're in.

David Dunham Partner, Maitreya Design http://www.poppyware.com/maitreya/

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:09:27 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.