Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/20/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! OUTLINERS, WEBMASTERS, ETC.

Sent:11/20/96; 11:47:19 AM
From: Michael_Miller@zd.com (Michael Miller)

nice column.

Regarding outliners in Windows, the word processors have "outlining" features. Word is capable, but it's too buried under all the other things to be as quick and fun as the old ThinkTank was. All of the presentation programs have them as well, including PowerPoint and Freelance; but neither takes it as seriously as did More. Ecco may be the best current outliner, though it's part of a PIM. I haven't seen a pure outliner for Windows. I don't think it would be a BIG seller, but it could be a nice little utiltiy, particularly if it could reasonably well feed the outline features in the other programs. (I do still outline -- I find it a great way to organize my thoughts.)

Also, I do have a couple of openings for webmasters, maybe a web programmer or two, so I'd be interested in hearing back.

Thanks

Michael

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:10:14 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.