Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 11/27/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: THANKS!

Sent:11/27/96; 11:35:00 AM
From: Affinity@aol.com

Thanks for your thanks. Also for your efforts over the past couple of years to give your existence, and by extension mine, some form of perspective. I may not always agree with your views, but I almost always gain something from them, and not merely technical insight.

Sarah, my 8-year-old, brought home a child's biography of Henry Ford. Reading it to her, I learned that the Ford Motor Company followed on the heels of two failed Ford companies, leaving him nearly penniless each time. Whether it's desperation or inspiration that drove him doesn't matter; he like so many other great successes kept driving toward a goal and, with luck on his side, finally made it. Not all of us have that experience; some for only fleeting periods. (At one point, in his third company, he lost a road race and couldn't afford to pay the hotel bill, let alone transportation home; a worker paid it for him and was rewarded with one of the first Ford dealerships on the East Coast.)

As a roaming Galliard sang several hundred years ago, sometimes you're riding high on the wheel of fortune and sometimes it's rolling over you. (That, from Carmina Burana--singing it was one of the highlights of my life.)

Hope all is well with you and yours, Dave.

Rick

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:12:09 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.