Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/2/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! T1 BANDWIDTH

Sent:12/2/96; 3:32:03 PM
From: jel8@columbia.edu (Jason Levine)

Maybe you've already received this message from others, but I figured that with all of the perspective that you've given me over the past year, I'd give a little back... (albeit it's not necessarily good).

A T1 is actually the equivalent of 23 ISDN B channels, plus a single ISDN D channel. A "full ISDN line" is two B channels and a shared D channel, so a T1 is actually more like 12 full ISDN lines... not 24. Sorry to throw a monkey wrench in...

Oh, and the above is how I understand it, and how my wiring of a T1 a few weeks back worked out. It may be wrong, though...

/jason

+ Jason Levine + | | | "Just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERSTAND!" | + - Homer J. Simpson +

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:12:59 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.