Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/2/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

Sent:12/2/96; 7:36:56 PM
From: TomClifton@aol.com

Imagine how it is with your birthday on December 13. While growing up, my folks declared that the Christmas season would not start until after the 13th. I can deal with that, it leaves you a week to focus on Christmas, more than enough time I think. Of course the stores don't live by the same schedule. So I hear Christmas Carols in early November. I hate that.

>I lust after one of those monster CD changers that can manage 100+ >audio disks, but I'm waiting to buy one until they have an interface >that allows me to control it over my LAN from my PC or Mac desktop.

Don't we all. Actually I just purchased one, a Sony 200 disk changer. To add to my December birthday, I decided to get married on November 23. Rather than pay for a DJ, I figured that I could get a monster CD player and program it. At the end of the show, I would still have the CD changer. While it didn't have the computer interface that I wanted, I think that I can program my Newton to control it. While it means learning yet another language, I will keep you informed on my progress on this. Who knows maybe the Newton will become the tool of choice for couch potatoes everywhere.

Regardless of the interface, having a box that houses all of you CDs is pretty cool. Right now, I am enjoying the possibilities. In a few days, I will start focusing on the limitations. And then, hell, it will be time

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:13:51 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.