Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/6/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: DOES ANYONE OWN SYNTAX?

Sent:12/6/96; 1:30:34 PM
From: grimes@access.digex.net (Seth Grimes)

You mentioned one court case from a few years ago. I think there was another, much more prominent case: Lotus sued Borland over usability of Lotus 1-2-3 macro language in QuattroPro. I believe although I'm not sure that there was just adoption of the language involved, that is, no code was stolen. Lotus won a $100 million judgement and Borland had to recall a version of QP. I think Lotus dropped trying to collect, however, because the winner of the suit was Microsoft and the original issue became irrelevant.

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:14:55 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.