Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/6/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: DOES ANYONE OWN SYNTAX?

Sent:12/6/96; 2:40:36 PM
From: dannyg@dannyg.com (Danny Goodman)

Has anyone complained along the way that VisiCalc's function and formula syntax is used in 1-2-3 and Excel?

OTOH, Asymetrix studiously avoided borrowing anything from HyperTalk for ToolBook out of imagined fear of legal wranglings with Apple.

Overall, I agree with you. But in contrast I also feel that algorithms should be patentable--a different can o' worms.

Danny

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:16:03 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.