Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/21/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! PLAN A, PLAN B

Sent:12/21/96; 11:03:44 AM
From: richard@lymehouse.com (Richard Careaga)

Since $300 million was too much for Be and its legion of true belivers, $400 million for Unix with a pretty face and Jobs as a "part-time advisor" was just about right. Wrong. Apple squandered its Mac franchise because it thought that slick packaging would carry the company forever. Don't get me wrong--I like Unix with or without X windows. But if Mac users wanted Unix, it's been available for a while. With IBM and Motorola dropping NT support on the PowerPC, about all that's left is the Unices, good old MacOS, and BeOS. Only one of these has a prayer of being hailed as an insanely great OS by PowerPC users and it's neither Me Too nor Has Been. -- LYMEHOUSE LLC Richard Careaga http://www.lymehouse.com/

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 21, 1996 at 3:18:38 PM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.