Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/21/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! LAME DUCK SHOCK - THE LAST UNICORN

Sent:12/21/96; 11:03:22 PM
From: UKaiser@aol.com

Hello Dave!

It sounds like Apple just punched the self-destruct button. Unbelieveable. And so sad!

But maybe we will have a Phoenix effect.

Here are the 2 main Ifs:

1. If PowerPC Software runs in emulation mode (at least 75% fast as natively on the PowerPC)

2. If native NextStep results in 125% speed or 125% functionality.

Otherwise it's over. But we have the still the party leftovers to munch on. I just bought a Performa 6400/180 32/1.6 GB with 28.8 Modem. for $ 1899. For my first Mac II I paid 6 Grand and it just came with 1 MB of RAM and 20 MB Hard Drive. No Photoshop, XPress, Netscape at that time. No E-Mail either.

So I think as an exception to the rule this time you're *not* right advising against buying Apple PCs now. In fact it's a great opportunity to get some of the last unicorns. They work very well and we don't know if we will ever get that kind of a system again.

We'll see. Actually I am excited. And we all knew something was to happen. Apple had to reinvent itself somehow. Hmmm. Mixed emotions.

Uli Kaiser

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sun, Dec 22, 1996 at 12:26:08 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.