Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/24/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE:NEXTSTEP/MACOS OBJECTIVEC/JAVA?

Sent:12/24/96; 10:57:57 AM
From: rberger@Internex.NET (Robert Berger)

Hi Dave, Interesting times we live in!

So the one big question I have on this momentous change at Apple is; will the new platform migrate Objective C out and Java in?

I see a dependence on Objective C a potential fatal flaw unless there is work under way to replace Objective C with Java. (I was a very early user of Objective C before Next used it and have been to NextStep boot camp).

It _should_ be relatively easy to first create Java wrappers and then Java replacements for all the Objective C elements and Next may have already started on that path....

Bob -- Robert J. Berger - CTO / Founder InterNex Information Services, Inc. 2302 Walsh Rd. Santa Clara, CA 95051 Voice: 408-327-2290 Fax: 408-496-5484

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Tue, Dec 24, 1996 at 1:29:14 PM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.