Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/30/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: ANOTHER MONDAY!

Sent:12/30/96; 3:52:48 PM
From: enzo@micron.net (Ron Bearry)

Dear Dave,

** Thoughts from a new developer.

I'm not a big company, just a small new developer. Talent of the future I guess.

My venture capital is the time that I've spent over the past couple years learning how to program the Macintosh. I knew it was a gamble from the start, but I've had a Mac since 1985 and I love the machine. My goal was to become a professional Mac developer.

Recently, I've spent the last couple months learning C++ and Metrowerks PowerPlant and I have had so much fun. It's pretty cool stuff and Metrowerks is a great company. I like using their tools.

So I'm waiting for Apple to speak and I'm thinking about my future as a programmer. My knowledge is my small company. Does that make sense?

Why shouldn't I bail right now, get an NT box and start learning Visual C++ and the MFC's? My intuition says I should. I can't be the only one thinking this. Hurry up Apple. Say something please. You need to be a leader.

-Ron-

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Mon, Dec 30, 1996 at 2:51:15 PM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.