Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 12/31/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: ANOTHER MONDAY!

Sent:12/31/96; 2:42:51 PM
From: MarkWomack@aol.com

Dave,

I've been mulling over this Apple/NeXT thing. Regardless of what Apple decides to do (which seems up the air to me and we can't make any assumptions really. I tried, but keep getting conflicting info...), I keep thinking back to the last 3 (4? 5?) Developer Conferences I went to where I sat in session after session on Copland/MacOS 8. My entire company did this. We HAD to understand what was coming. And now it's not coming at all. Now that money and time is wasted and now I'll have to sit through session after session of NeXT stuff and hope that Apple acutally delivers what they are talking about.

I'm not trying to whine here, but I think Apple could win over strong developer support for the future. With the upcoming developers conference, they should make all of the sessions concerning the new NeXT/Mac OS FREE to all registered Apple developers. Frankly, I think they owe it to us for buying into and supporting the Copland deal as well as spending hard earned dough in sessions that are now obsolete. And it will add a lot of enthusiasm in embracing the new OS. Start a 'clean slate', so to speak.

Juat an idea, Happy New Year! Mark

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Tue, Dec 31, 1996 at 2:36:33 PM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.