Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 1/7/97.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! CONGRATS ON YOUR APPLE SUGGESTIONS....

Sent:1/7/97; 11:12:03 AM
From: president@classoncall.com (Thomas J. Leonard)

Hi Dave

You don't know me, but you're the only one in the Merc's collection of pundits who made any sense. Apple is trying to hold on to the vestiges of its identity, history and markets....and its ego. Apple THINKS it's SOMEBODY or that it has an obligation to reinvent the world. As you suggest, spin off a firm (or 12) which works on this type of thing, cuz what they've been doing hasn't worked for at least 5 years.

I own 5 Macs and buy a new one every year; I'm in this for the long haul. That said, I still don't think that Apple is willing to LEARN from their customers -- they are still trying to be somebody. They had their chance, they blew it; time to start over and be the BEST flavor at Baskin-Robbins vs trying to be all flavors at Swenson's. (or the reverse, if you prefer Swenson's!)

THANKS AGAIN for what you wrote; it was a relief to find someone who sees parts of the Apple problem as I do.

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Tue, Jan 7, 1997 at 8:13:48 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.