Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 1/15/97.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: SECOND SURVEY COMPLETE

Sent:1/15/97; 4:41:43 PM
From: gdavis@projectcool.com (Glenn Davis)

Method to discount spammers.

CGI tracking voting logs email address and votes

send confirmation email to each respondent, but promise (and keep promise) that email address is ONLY used for vote confirmation.

emails that bounce back causes vote to be discounted.

parse file to remove duplicate email addresses, keeping only the last submitted vote.

I used this method in the first Cool Site of the Year that I ran and it was very effective.

Glenn

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Wed, Jan 15, 1997 at 4:49:33 PM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.