Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 1/9/97.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! STEAM!

Sent:1/9/97; 1:40:00 AM
From: "ERIC LARSON"@A1.HGOV05.HGO.mts.dec.com (ERIC LARSON @HGO 852-2805-3712)

Dave,

I just read your piece. The part about hugging Amelio brought a warm smile to my face! I'm sure you'll have the usual gang of nay-sayers scoffing at this, but l want to let you know that you made my day. I sense that you've got an understanding of the world that far exceeds the sometimes too typical "eat 'em up and spit 'em out" silicon valley mentality. I applaud you for that. DaveNet has grown and matured over the years, I've seen it myself. Keep up the good work, slowly but surely people like you are helping to make the world a better place. Am I idealistic? Oh yeah! If you don't believe in the possibility, it ain't possible!

Man, most of my career has been tied up with Apple and NeXT. What a long strange trip it's been...and the best is yet to come!

Namaste to you!

Eric

P.S. Your "namaste" is what really clicked with me, by the way. Have you read any of Jean Shinoda Bolen's work? Or Pinkola-Estes' "Women Who Run with the Wolves?" I don't know if you have, but from what I've read from you, I sense you'd appreciate them.

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Thu, Jan 16, 1997 at 8:36:42 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.