Scoble: "I'm pretty sure Microsoft will announce soon that it'll ship the .NET runtimes on Linux."
And then I got an email from a .NET tester saying "The Target Operating System (TargetOS) list is: Linux (kbLinux), UNIX (kbUNIX), Windows (Windows), Macintosh (kbMAC), Windows CE (WinCE)."
Whew -- the UserLand-Google outage has cleared. Our sites are indexed again. Yesss!
Here's an example of a query that would have gotten you nothing yesterday, today it gets you the info.
Update: Our stuff is gone again. Oh mama!
Update: They're back.
Having fun with the referer logs. Searching for "naked woman in public" actually hits a DaveNet piece.
John Van Dyk: "Next time I get any bright ideas about the roof, could someone please stop by and hold me down until the idea goes away?"
Slashdot.org has been down for much of the weekend.
Aaron Swartz has pictures from Apple's WWDC.
I've been getting emails from Yahoo about deactivation of inactive mail lists that I started. None of the lists, so far, have much real content in their archives. I have no problem with Yahoo deactivating them, but please give us an easy way to get the content off the servers before the files are deleted.
Two surveys yesterday, a mixed response from the Microsoft survey. A slim majority says they're confused by Microsoft. And in a landslide, 75 percent of the participants say that life itself is confusing. Perhaps the other 25 percent have some kind of religious faith. I want to find a way to ask the question of whether people approve of what Microsoft is doing, confusing or not.
Dan Gillmor: "Businesses are beginning to realize that ad-hocracies, typically small groups, are the place where some of the most creative thinking gets done. People out at the edges of organizations, communicating with each other and their counterparts at other organizations, inevitably find ways around corporate bureaucracies."
Joel Spolsky, an excellent ex-Microsoft guy, says of Adam Bosworth: "As usual Adam is incredibly right, and he's high-bandwidth, and if you can't follow what he's saying, don't apply for a job at Fog Creek!"
© Copyright 1997-2005 Dave Winer. The picture at the top of the page may change from time to time. Previous graphics are archived.