DaveNet: Sunday, August 10, 1997; by Dave Winer.
Nerd Garage Sale in SFFrom Jonathan Steuer, email@example.com:
In the process of cleaning our our offices and basement, we Cyborganics have unearthed a host of Nerd Trash -- or is it Nerd Treasure?
On Monday 11 August (that's TOMORROW) from 3:00 - 8:00 PM, you will have a chance to help us decide.
Bring cash or your checkbook to 654 Mission Street, San Francisco (between 3rd and New Montgomery streets, around the corner from SFMOMA) and choose from among the following:
- miscellaneous office furniture
- 45 folding chairs, complete with Cyborganic stickers
- several 19" and 21" monochrome monitors
- many assorted hard disks
- several vintage Macintosh CPUs, some in working condition
- miscellaneous cables, connectors, etc.
- several thousand boxes of Kosher-for-Passover breakfast cereal
Please come prepared to haul away your purchases within 24 hours.