DaveNet: Friday, August 8, 1997; by Dave Winer.
Why Microsoft Invested in AppleCirculating on the Internet, the top ten reasons why Microsoft invested $150 million in Apple:
10. Bill Gates found spare change in his trousers.
9. First and last month's rent on empty office space in Cupertino.
8. Fee: Steve Jobs to give charisma lessons to Microsoft CEO.
7. Two words: Rhapsody 98.
6. Small price to pay for world domination.
5. Bill to Larry: I own you now, too.
4. Jobs and Woz threw in a signed Apple I as part of the deal.
3. Best way to assure Gates a starring role in next Pixar animated feature.
2. Easier than bribing entire Justice Department.
1. Strategic move: Apple users now hate Jobs more than Gates.