Home >  Archive >  2011 >  April >  8

Previous / Next

My Twitter/OAuth code stopped working last night
By Dave Winer on Friday, April 08, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Dancing Korean leaders.First let me say it could well be, probably is, something I did wrong that led to my Twitter/OAuth code to stop working overnight. #

I first noticed it a few minutes ago when I posted something to my feed that didn't go through. I checked the database to see what went wrong. It said, "Incorrect signature." #

So the first question -- is anyone aware of anything that changed in the Twitter API last night? #

Second question -- I'm new to using Twitter's OAuth interface. Is it realiable or flaky or somewhere inbetween? #

A picture named murphy.jpgI don't think it could be a terms-of-service thing because my app is doing exactly the same thing as TwitterFeed, and as far as I know they're still legal. I was using TwitterFeed until a couple of weeks ago, but needed an interface with less latency.  #

Update: When I posted a link to this item to my feed it got through to Twitter. Now I'm truly puzzled! :-) #

Update #2: They're seeing the same thing at the Chicago Tribune.  #

Christmas Tree
This site contributes to the scripting.com community river.

© Copyright 1997-2011 Dave Winer. Last update: Saturday, April 09, 2011 at 2:28 AM Eastern. Last build: 12/12/2011; 1:01:22 PM. "It's even worse than it appears."

RSS feed for Scripting News

Previous / Next