Downloading Frontier 4.2.3
Five easy steps...
- Read the License Agreement and do not download or use the software unless you agree to abide by its terms.
- Download the Frontier 4.2.3 package. Debinhex and unstuff the archive. Open the folder. Having trouble downloading? Check out the mirror sites page.
- Download the Online Docs folder. Debinhex and unstuff the archive. Move folder into your Frontier folder. It's a mirror of the Frontier website, you might want to download the docs on a periodic basis.
- Install the extensions. Open the Misc Stuff sub-folder, then its sub-folder, Copy to System Folder. There are two extensions -- OSA Menu allows you to run scripts from the Finder's menu bar; and IdleTime allows scripts to know how long it's been since a user clicked the mouse or a key. Both are optional but recommended. To install, copy the files to your System Folder and restart.
- Launch Frontier. A dialog asks for your name, organization and initials. Please read the license agreement. That's it. Welcome to Frontier 4.2.3!
Where to go from here?
Resources for new Frontier users...
- What is Frontier? This page gives you the necessary background to understand what Frontier does, who it is for, and whether it is likely to help you in your work.
- Matt Neuburg's web tutorial. It's the smoothest introduction to website management with Frontier.
- Start with Chapter 1. The Frontier User's Guide takes you thru all the central features of Frontier, the object database, menus, script writing, verbs; with lots of screen shots and examples.
- Frontier Site Outline. Gives you an overview of all the information resources available on this website.
- New Features in Frontier 4.2. Points to the features and technology that were added in version 4.2.
- 4.2.1 Upgrade. Explains the fixes and new features in version 4.2.1.
- 4.2.2 added support for Fat Web Pages.
- Staying in Touch. Please watch the News & Updates page. Use the Frontier Mailing Lists to ask questions and solve problems.
Thanks for Checking Out Frontier...
We hope you like it!