By Dave Winer on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
A few minutes after posting the questions about what happened in Boston, it became fairly clear. Just needed to read a couple of reports to triangulate. It would still be nice to get some pictures of the current encampment so people outside Boston will know it's okay.
Anyway here's what happened, near as I can tell, from my desk in NYC.
1. There was a huge march yesterday.
2. OccupyBoston settled in a second encampment near the first one.
3. The city warned them to get out.
4. They didn't and the city evacuated them, arresting over 100 people.
5. There is a pledge from the city, via the mayor, not to interfere with the Dewey Square encampment. That pledge does not appear to have been violated.
Idea: How about a webcam for each of the major encampments, so we can get a view into what's happening without waiting for anyone to file a photo on Flickr?