Our task was to take Domainz' old website, remodel it, and add a lot of new information to it.
Important features were:
Frontier was essential in maintaining a large glossary of links - the large amount of technical information demanded lots of hyperlinks. We made extensive use of glosssub() for this. We also employed Frontier to create the tables of contents, using a rudely hacked version of siteOutline() so that we could have items in an arbitrary but fixed order.
The client was very particular about formatting details, and Frontier was invaluable for in keeping them happy, since minor tweaks could be made to the whole site with no particular trouble. One interesting drawback to this: it was tempting to make so many incremental changes to the design as to violate the original requirements for the site!
I used BBEdit as an external text editor with Frontier.
Current | Showcase | Spotlight | Site Info |
Scripting News | UserLand | Directory
Site designed and maintained with Frontier version 6.0b4 on Macintosh OS
by Thea Partridge, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
© copyright 1999 UserLand Software