What is Frontier?
News & Updates
Frontier Site Outline
Brian Buck on the Media Info Suite
This is one for all you Graphics Powerscripters.
- One main entrypoint -- mediaInfo.getMediaInfo (f) -- pass it a file or ODB address and it returns a table with a lot of information about the file
- We do JPEG, GIF, EPS, Scitex CT, and (soon) Photoshop files
- It has an extensible framework with a cool set of file utilities -- feel free to write code for other file formats
- It returns colorspace info (whether an image is RGB, CMYK, indexed, etc.) which is great for checking to make sure all your CMYK images got switched to RGB or vice-versa (when you're doing print work)
- It gets the index and RGB value of the transparent color in GIF files which is great for checking the background color a GIF was antialiased to
- It's all written in UserTalk and heavily commented for the curious
If you find a file this suite doesn't like, send it to me. Make sure you install John Baxter's enhanced forks UCMD which comes in the installation or else nothing will work.
© Copyright 1996-97 UserLand Software. This page was last built on 5/7/97; 1:46:20 PM.
It was originally posted on 2/4/97; 4:52:12 PM.
Internet service provided by Conxion.